Day two complete-
This band camp is off to a great start! The kids are doing great, the atmosphere is great, the parent volunteers are great, and the spirit throughout the program is great!
On Thursday, we will be having our first booster meeting of the year. This is an opportunity to learn how to get more involved in our program, get details on the season and met other parents/friends of our program. We will also be kicking off our first fundraiser of the year, THE MATTRESS FUNDRAISER. Frank from Custom Fundraising will be here to give you more information about the fundraiser. Without doing anything other than showing up, we will receive a cash donation for every adult in the room. This is the easiest way to help support of program. The booster meeting will start at 7pm and then you can come watch the end of rehearsal.
The second annual Lip Dub event will take place on Saturday, August 10th at 7:30 in the GPAC. Please come watch the students (and boosters if you are brave enough) sing and dance their way into our hearts. I promise you will laugh!!!
Tuesday, August 13th will be the Parent Preview and Potluck dinner. That night we will play through some of the music from the show as well as our Fight Song, Alma Mater, and Star-Spangled Banner. There will also be an opportunity for you to get involved by learning how to march, spin a flag, or play some percussion. After the festivities, each section will have a potluck to cap the end of band camp. This also provides another opportunity for you to met some of the other parents in our program as well as have some fun.
We hope you can make it to some of the future events, starting with the booster meeting on Thursday at 7pm in the band room.
Thank you for all of your support.
Happy Sunday and Happy Mother’s Day-
Lots of things happening this week in a short amount of time:
· Last day of auditions is Monday. If you haven’t auditions or scheduled a time, please make arrangements ASAP.
· BOOSTER MEETING – Monday night at 7pm. Please come to get more information about stepping up in the future and about the remaining events this year.
· Color Guard Auditions – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 3:30-5:00.
· Wind Ensemble I Concert – Saturday at 7pm in the Theater, free.
o MANDATORY for all band members. There will be sign in and out sheets for the students.
· End of the Year Party tickets are on sale. Please send in $25 per person. Open only to our families. The Award and Slide show portion are free but the fun starts when the food and dancing begin. Don’t miss out on this event taking place on June 1st.
· Coffee Concerts will be during class periods on Tuesday, May 28 (band) and Wednesday, May 29th(orchestra).
Here is our schedule at a glance:
Monday (A)– LATE START, last day of auditions, BOOSTER meeting (7pm)
Tuesday(B) –Jazz Band(6:30am), Color Guard Auditions (3:30-5:00)
Wednesday(A) – PRIDE, Color Guard Auditions (3:30-5:00)
Thursday(B) – Jazz Band (6:30am), Color Guard Auditions (3:30-5:00)
Friday(A)– Wind Ensemble I (3-5pm)
Saturday- Wind Ensemble I concert at 7pm